A police document seen by the Associated Press identifies the address of the raid in the Chelles neighbourhood of the capital as the family home of Karim Cheurfi, a 39-year-old previously convicted of attacking police.
The attacker, named in police reports as Karim C., is believed to have used the alias “Abu Yousuf the Belgian” and had made dark pledges to kill police officers on Telegram, the instant messaging app.
Shocking images from the Champs Elysees terror attack
Fri, April 21, 2017
One policeman has been killed and two officers seriously injured by an extremist in a shooting on the Champs Elysees in Paris
1 of 21
People stands in a street near the site of a shooting at the Champs Elysees in Paris
Police have carried out raids following the attack
In 2001, the suspected terrorist opened fire on two police officers after he was caught in a stolen car, resulting in serious injuries.
He was sentenced to 20 years in a high security prison in 2003, but was released early following an appeal ruling.
Karim C was also the registered owner of the grey Audi A80 used to carry out the attack on the world-famous Paris street.
Large areas of the capital have been sealed off as police carry out investigations
Intelligence sources confirmed the raid on the eastern Paris home resulted in the discovery of guns and ammunition.
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the deadly shooting in Paris via the Amaq news agency, which named the attacker as Abu Yusuf al-Beljiki, a Belgian national.
Late on Thursday evening, Paris prosecutor François Molins said the gunman had been identified and authorities are still trying to determine whether he had any accomplices.
Mr Molins also confirmed that police raids are still ongoing.
French president Francois Hollande said he was convinced the shooting was "terrorist-related" moments before ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack.
Police are conducting a detailed search of the Audi used in the attack
He said: “We are convinced of one thing. The potential leads that will lead us to the truth are of a terrorist nature.
“The counter terrorism division of the public prosecutors office has been mobilised and an investigation will be carried out.
“We will be extremely cautious, extremely careful, especially as this is an election period."