Andy Murray lost in Monte Carlo but will return in Barcelona next week
Clay court master Rafael Nadal has already revealed that he too will be playing in the tournament which he won last year.
“I will play again at the Barcelona Open BancSabadell, a very important tournament for everyone on the world tennis calendar,” Nadal said.
“As always, playing in Spain, at home, is an extra motivation for me for many reasons, but mainly because of the support of the public, which is closer.
"In addition, the tournament is played at my tennis club, and in Barcelona, which makes everything more special.”
Andy Murray also has strong links to the city having moved there while still a teenager, spending 18 months training at the Sanchez-Casal Academy.
Murray says he is still recovering from an elbow injury but nevertheless began his clay court season in Monte Carlo on Monday.
But the 2016 French Open finalist was upset by No 15 seed Albert Ramos-Vinolas in three sets, blowing a 4-0 lead in the decider to crash out of the Monte Carlo Masters.
However, the Scot refused to blame the problem, which kept him out of Team GB's Davis Cup defeat to Canada, for the loss.
"I would not start the tournament unless I felt comfortable doing that [going full tilt]," Murray said.
"I have only been really serving at my normal pace the last couple of days as I was trying to build it up slowly to time it right for the beginning of the tournament and the elbow has been feeling better every day, so I am positive about that.
"It is not going to be easy, the first tournament coming back after a while, but I am feeling good and hopefully I can do it."