Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is eager to satisfy Zidane’s demands this summer and is ready to help the Frenchman land his top targets.
While Chelsea duo Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois remain at the top of his wishlist, the 44-year-old is also keeping close tabs on Marseille midfielder Lopez.
The 19-year-old has been in fine form for the Ligue 1 outfit this term and his displays have not gone unnoticed across Europe.
Zinedine Zidane wants Maxime Lopez to choose Real Madrid over Barcelona
Valuable players out of contract this summer
Thu, March 23, 2017
Express Sport takes a look at 10 valuable players who are out of contract this summer
1 of 10
1. Jesus Navas (Manchester City) – £12.75m
Maxime Lopez is attracting interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona
Barcelona are thought to be keeping a close eye on Lopez with technical director Robert Fernandez and his staff already having scouted him.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
But Spanish publication Diario Gol claim Zidane wants to scupper Barcelona’s plans.
He is said to have told Perez not to let Lopez join their Spanish rivals.
Maxime Lopez is under contract with Marseille until 2021
Perez has now reportedly listened to Zidane’s request and instructed his staff to keep track of him.
Despite Barca being keen to bring him to the Nou Camp, the France Under-20 international could favour a move to the Spanish capital with the opportunity to work under fellow countryman Zidane appealing.
Marseille won’t let Perez go on the cheap though with the midfielder signing a new long-term deal only last month that tied him down until 2021.