Four people were killed during a terror attack on Wednesday afternoon as a man mowed down several people on Westminster Bridge before heading towards Parliament with a knife.
The attacker stabbed PC Keith Palmer, who later died, on the edge of the grounds of the Palace of Westminster, before he was shot by another officer.
Londoners and tourists admitted that they felt a “little on edge” in the City following the attack but remained focused on carrying on as normal.
One couple spoke of the tragic incident but claimed they would not be stopped by the deadly attack which left up to 40 people injured.
One woman said: “We feel really really sad for everybody, obviously, and it was a massive shock.
Tourists and Londoners reiterated the message of not letting the attack impact their plans or lives
“In terms of us being here we are just carrying on as normal. Really thinking about everybody who has been injured and who has died.”
This morning a statement by the Met Police revealed four people had died, including a man in his mid 50s and a Spanish woman in her mid 40s.
Acting lead commissioner Mark Rowley said 29 people had been injured, with seven still in critical condition.
A tearful man revealed how proud of the emergency services and in particular the Met police he was following the attack.
He said: “Very proud of the police, pity that constable died, but the police were on the ball and they done an excellent job as per usual.
“Seeing what we saw over here with the amount of police around, well done to the Metropolitan police.”
A tourist couple claimed that they would not be deterred from London by the attack.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
“We’re not going to stop being tourists,” he said. “We’re just going to get on with it.”
One couple admitted they were thinking about those who lost their lives on Wednesday
We’re just going to get on with it
His partner added: “It’s good to see lots of police, it makes it safe, it feels safe.”
The Met police have said that the man responsible for the deadly attack was Khalid Masood, a 52-year old man from Kent who was living in the West Midlands.
Scotland Yard said: “The man police believe to be responsible for the terrorist attack in Westminster yesterday, Wednesday, 22 March, has now been formally identified as Khalid Masood.
“Masood, aged 52 (25.12.1964), was born in Kent and detectives believe he was most recently living in the West Midlands. Masood was also known by a number of aliases.
“Masood was not the subject of any current investigations and there was no prior intelligence about his intent to mount a terrorist attack.”
A tourist from Hamburg reiterated the message that she would not be stopped exploring London due to the terror attack.
She said: “We were standing in front of Buckingham Palace and there were lots of police sirens, but we just figured, it’s not going to stop us, it’s not going to be any different.”
Amber, a 20-year-old American intern said this message was clear in London and suggested she didn’t feel any different after what had happened.
“I’ve found that everyone is acting like everything is normal,” she said.
“No one is acting suspicious or anything, everyone is just trying to get back to what life is.”
A Canadian teacher, originally from Blackburn, urged Brits to not be impacted by the terror attack.
London terror attack victims Thu, March 23, 2017
ISIS claims responsibility for London attack that killed at least three victims
1 of 10
The 72-year-old said: “I really don’t feel much different because I seem to be so far removed from it. Bad news travels fast and it’s often exaggerated and until you get the real facts you’re not sure what’s going on.
“But keeping with tradition, you keep calm and carry on, you can’t let these people take over and dictate what we are going to do.”
Speaking on Wednesday following the terror attack, the Prime Minister paid tribute to the emergency services and to those who had lost their lives.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to all that have been affected, to the victims themselves and their family and friends who waved their loved ones off but will not now be welcoming them home,” she said.
One tourist from Amsterdam admitted that her family back home were more worried than her, before another tourist suggested the atmosphere was back to normal in the capital.
A Londoner finished by claiming that he was a “little on edge” by the attack, but insisted that people will just “go on with their lives”.