Forbes 2017 Billionaires List Tue, March 21, 2017
Meet The Top 20 Richest People On The Planet
Play slideshow Getty Images 1 of 20
20. Sheldon Adelson, Chairman and CEO, Las Vegas Sands. Net worth: $30.4 B
After Forbes magazine published its rich list yesterday, here is a look at the top ten richest men in the world.
Who are the richest people in the world?
Forbes has once again named Microsoft founder Bill Gates as the richest man in the world with a fortune of $86 billion (£68 billion).
Bill Gates once again topped the list of the world's richest people, but who else is on it?
Warren Buffet, the great investor dubbed the 'Oracle of Omaha', trails behind Mr Gates in second place with $75.6 billion (£60 billion).
Mr Buffet’s company Berkshire Hathaway owns more than 60 firms including Duracell and Dairy Queen.
In third place is Amazon founder Jeff Bezos who turned the idea of selling books online into one of the most lucrative businesses in the world.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in the top 10n list
The richest man in Europe, Amancio Ortega, has dropped down to fourth spot but his impressive fortune of $71.3 billion (£57 billion) speaks for itself.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
The fashion pioneer founded Inditex – the parent company of Zara – with his late ex-wife Rosalia Mera.
Harvard drop-out and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg takes the fifth spot despite being the youngest billionaire in the top ten at the age of 32.
Michael Bloomberg is worth an estimated $47.5 billion (£38 billion)
The sixth spot is taken up by Mexican telecoms magnate Carlos Slim Helu whose net worth is estimated at $54.5 billion (£43 billion).
The Mexican billionaire and his family control Latin America’s biggest mobile company America Movil.
The founder and former CEO of software firm Oracle, Larry Ellison, is named as the seventh richest man thanks to his net worth of $52.2 billion (£41 billion).
America’s Richest Entrepreneurs Under 40 Thu, November 10, 2016
Forbes have published their list of America’s Richest Entrepreneurs Under 40
Play slideshow 1 of 41
Brothers Charles and David Koch are eighth and ninth on the list with a collective net worth of $96.6 billion or $48.3 billion (£38 billion) each.
The pair run the second largest firm in the US, Koch Industries, earning billions from manufacturing every year.
The tenth spot is held by Michael Bloomberg who fell down three ranks after being overtaken by the Koch brothers.
Amancio Ortega is the richest man in Europe and the fourth richest in the world
Here is Forbes’ latest list of the 10 richest people in the world:
1. Bill Gates – Microsoft founder – $86 billion (£68 billion)
2. Warren Buffett – Owner of Berkshire Hathaway – $75.6 billion (£60 billion)
3. Jeff Bezos – Amazon founder – $72.8 billion (£58 billion)
4. Amancio Ortega – Zara founder – $71.3 billion (£57 billion)
5. Mark Zuckerberg – Facebook founder – £56 billion (£44 billion)
6. Carlos Slim Helu – Telecoms tycoon – $54.5 billion (£43 billion)
7. Larry Ellison – Oracle founder – $52.2 billion (£41 billion)
8. Charles Koch – Various business – $48.3 billion (£38 billion)
9. David Koch – Various business – $48.3 billion (£38 billion)
10. Michael Bloomberg – Bloomberg founder – $47.5 billion (£38 billion)