Uber's CEO Travis Kalanick has put its driverless vehicles back on the road after car crash
The driverless cars were back on the road in San Francisco on Monday after one of them crashed in Arizona on Friday.
A spokesperson for the ride-hailing firm said: “We are resuming our development operations in San Francisco this morning.”
But Uber's vehicles in Arizona, Pittsburgh, and Pennsylvania remained grounded and were expected to begin operating again soon.
Uber's San Francisco programme is currently in development mode. It has two cars registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles, but is not transporting passengers.
However, the company said it felt confident enough to put the cars back on the road whilst it investigates the collision in Arizona.
The car crash unfolded when a human-driven vehicle "failed to yield" to an Uber vehicle while making a turn in Tempe, Arizona, according to Josie Montenegro, a spokeswoman for the city's police department.
The driverless firm is caught up in a lawsuit over its designs
Mr Montenegro added: “The vehicles collided, causing the autonomous vehicle to roll onto its side. There were no serious injuries."
Two "safety" drivers were in the front seats of the Uber car, which was in self-driving mode at the time of the crash, Uber said on Friday, a standard requirement for its self-driving vehicles. The back seat was unoccupied.
Photos and a video posted on Twitter by Fresco News showed a Volvo SUV flipped on its side after an apparent collision involving two other, slightly damaged cars. Uber said the images appeared to be from the Tempe crash scene.
Uber is also involved in a lawsuit over its self driving technology. Waymo, Alphabet’s self-driving company, has accused the firm of stealing the designs for its lidar system.
Uber is one of many companies opting to create driverless cars more common
Waymo filed an injunction against Uber to stop it from using its technology – a key sensor that helps autonomous cars detect obstacles.
But, Uber hit back at the accusations denying that it had stolen the designs.
A spokesperson for Uber said: “We are incredibly proud of the progress that our team has made. We have reviewed Waymo’s claims and determined them to be a baseless attempt to slow down a competitor and we look forward to vigorously defending against them in court. In the meantime, we will continue our hard work to bring self-driving benefits to the world.”
Additionally, Uber has been accused of sexism in the workplace by a former employee.
Susan Fowler, an engineer who used to work for Uber, made her allegations in a scathing blog last year.
She accused the company of gender bias and harassment.
Following her claims, CEO, Travis Kalanick branded her accusations “abhorrent and against everything we believe in” in two tweets.
He added: “Anyone who behaves this way or thinks this is OK will be fired."
He tweeted: "I've instructed our [chief human resources officer] Liane to conduct an urgent investigation. There can be absolutely no place for this kind of behavior at Uber."
Uber launched its own probe into the allegations, last month. The results of the investigation will be made public and released soon, according to Fortune Magazine.
However as Mr Kalanick deals with the fallout from the sexism scandal, he has also faced ridicule after he was caught on camera berating and arguing with one of his own drivers.
He was forced to apologise over his behaviour.
- YouTuber shares experience of being a phone sex worker
- Uber boss caught rowing with driver about low fares
- Police orders Uber driver to stop recording because of 'new law'