Bartra was the only Dortmund player injured after an attack on the team's bus last week.
The 26-year-old was injured as the Bundesliga giants travelled to the Westfalenstadion to take on Monaco on Tuesday night.
He has had an operation after fracturing his wrist and has now been discharged.
Marc Bartra could return to Borussia Dortmund's squad next month Marc Bartra: Dortmund stars show support for defender against Monaco Wed, April 12, 2017
Click to reveal the best snaps of Marc Bartra tributes during Dortmund v Monaco
Play slideshow Bongarts/Getty Images 1 of 9
Click for the best snaps of Marc Bartra tributes during Dortmund v Monaco
Bartra could return to training next month and could yet play a part in their Champions League campaign.
On Instagram, he said: "I look at it proudly, thinking that all the damage they wanted to do to us on Tuesday stayed in this [injury].
"They [my family] are my everything, the reason I struggle to overcome obstacles and this has been the worst of my life, an experience I would not want anyone in this world [to have]," he said.
The football world has rallied round Marc Bartra
"The pain, the panic and the uncertainty of not knowing what was going on, or how long it would last… were the longest and hardest 15 minutes of my life.
"I think that the shock is decreasing more and more and, at the same time, it adds to the desire to live, to fight, to work, to laugh, to cry, to feel, to love, to believe, to play, to train, to continue to enjoy my people, loved ones, companions, my passion, to defend, to smell the grass as I do before the game starts and motivate me.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
"The only thing I ask is for everyone to live in peace and to leave behind the wars."
Monaco and Dortmund's game was pushed back 24 hours and the Ligue 1 side won 3-2 courtesy of a Kylian Mbappe brace.