The Palace of Westminster has been reopened to the public following the Manchester bomb attack
Police advised that the Houses of Parliament be closed to non-passholders on Wednesday, leading to the cancellation of all tours and events.
A statement on the Parliament website on Tuesday said the site had reopened.
“Public access to the Houses of Parliament has been restored.
“However, as with other key sites across the country, we will continue to review our security in the light of the tragic events in Manchester.
“Visitors should continue to expect enhanced security measures upon arrival at Parliament.”
A statement said that security had been reviewed in light of the Manchester attacks Manchester bombing: Investigation so far Wed, May 24, 2017
The investigation so far into the Manchester bomb attack that killed at least 22 people, with more than 60 injured after Salman Abedi detonated a bomb in the Manchester Arena, at 10:30pm Monday, 22 May 2017
PA 1 of 15
Handout photo courtesy of Alex Finnie, of men wearing body armour during a raid of a block of flats in Blackley, north Manchester, following the attack on Manchester Arena
There are currently no MPs following Prime Minister Theresa May's decision to dissolve Parliament and stage a snap General Election.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance