Sony talk more on PS4 Pro Controllers
Currently, third-party elite gamepads for the PS4 are available, although there aren’t a huge range.
The Razer Raiju and Nacon Revolution are two officially licensed PS4 pro controllers launched in the SIEE last year.
The tech giant says that each controller offers a different layout and range of unique features – so competitive gamers can find one which best compliments and adapts to their unique gameplay style.
The Razer Raiju comes with these features:
- Two extra bumpers and two extra detachable triggers
- Built-in control panel on the front of the controller
- Trigger-stop switches and hair trigger mode for ultra-fast trigger responses
- Two custom profiles which you can instantly switch between and modify
- 3.5mm headset jack and dedicated headset volume and mic mute controls
- Detachable analog stick rubber caps which provide extra grip during intense gaming sessions
- Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the braided 3m-long USB cable – detachable for easy storage
PlayStation Plus June 2017 PS4, PS3, Vita free games screenshots Sun, May 21, 2017
PLAYSTATION Plus subscribers will be able to download the likes of Life is Strange and Killing Floor 2 on PS4.
SONY 1 of 11
PlayStation Plus June 2017 PS4, PS3, Vita free games screenshots
The Revolution Pro Controller features:
- 46° amplitude dual analogue sticks, enhanced with innovative firmware for advanced eSports accuracy and reach
- Four extra shortcut buttons
- Eight-way directional pad
- Four custom profiles – all configurable via the companion PC application, enabling players to: re-map buttons, assign macros to the four shortcut controls and adjust analog and trigger sensitivity
- Two internal compartments with six additional weights – for a tailored balance and feel
- Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the 3m-long secure connection USB cable – detachable for easy storage
But now Sony appear to be signalling that they themselves could do something similar to Xbox and offer an elite gamepad of their own.
- Sony's new PlayStation 4 console plans REVEALED ahead of E3 2017
- PS Vita: Sony stay positive as fans hope for new Switch rival
Sony global game development boss Shawn Layden shared a pretty positive update on the idea to TIME, although didn’t go as far as confirm anything before E3 2017.
"The idea of a premium interface in exactly the same manner as we now have a premium console has a lot of logic to it, and there are such products already available in the market from third parties," Ryan explained.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
"But it's definitely something we continue to look at."
Microsoft, meanwhile, have quite a big range of different controllers to choose from, and even the option of customizing one completely in certain regions.
The Xbox Design Lab launched in 2016, allowing fans to design their own controller look, allowing for individual colour schemes and engraving to be included.