Adam was left in agony with blisters after he came into contact with Giant Hogweed
Lorna Percival, 32, rushed her son Adam, aged 11, off to hospital after he suffered agonising blisters on his leg caused by the plant.
The youngster came into contact with nettles while playing with a friend at a park in the Barrhead area of Renfrewshire.
But he then rubbed Giant Hogweed on the sting – causing more damage to his skin.
His mum has now demanded that bosses at East Renfrewshire Council take action by removing the plant before another child is hurt.
Mrs Percival said: "All the council has done is spray the plant with weedkiller, but that could take weeks to work.
"I'm worried it will grow back and continue to be a hazard for kids here.
His ordeal began when he was stung by nettles at a park in Renfrewshire
hings went from bad to worse and he was in a lot of pain
"I want them to dig it up by the roots and take it away."
Adam Hodgson's ordeal began when he was stung by nettles at the park.
He proceeded to rub what he believed was a dock leaf on the wound in the hope that it would take away the pain.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
His mum has now demanded that bosses at East Renfrewshire Council take action
However, what the youngster actually rubbed on himself was giant hogweed, which has recently been dubbed Britain's most dangerous plant.
Lorna said: "It was the worst thing he could have done. Things went from bad to worse and he was in a lot of pain.
"When I saw what was happening to his leg I took him to hospital.
"The staff said they had never seen anything like it."
Giant hogweed is common on riverbanks and wasteland. Toxic components in the leaves, stems, roots and flowers can be transferred to skin by touch.
Giant hogweed is common on riverbanks and wasteland
The NHS advises anyone who comes into contact with it immediately wash the affected area with hot soapy water.
A spokesman for East Renfrewshire Council confirmed that there is hogweed present at a strip of high grass next to a burn at the park and that it has been treated with weedkiller.
He said: "The grass is there to stop children getting close to the water and this has proved successful for a number of years.
"We are scheduled to check and re-spray the area in June and will monitor the area closely this summer," he added.
"This treatment regime has been carried out in this area for several years and has been successful on each occasion of controlling the hogweed."