Surrey Police attended Boxgrove Primary School in Guildford following reports of a call
Initial reports suggested that the bomb threats were first called in at 9am this morning to Bersted Green Primary school in Bognor Regis, West Sussex and Castledown primary school in Priory Road, Hastings.
But around 16 schools in Suffolk were also evacuated with parents being told to collect their children urgently during the morning.
Police swooped in to investigate the matter further.
Eyewitnesses at Bersted scchool said that several police cars had arrived on scene at the school in Sussex.
A spokesperson for Bersted Primary School refused to comment when contacting by Express.co.uk
A police car was seen at Bersted Green School in Bognor
Sussex Police told Express.co.uk: "Police have responded to calls claiming that bombs had been placed in two Sussex primary schools.
"The calls came in shortly after 9am on Wednesday 8 March to Bersted Green primary school in Laburnum Grove, Bognor Regis and Castledown primary school in Priory Road, Hastings.
"Staff evacuated both schools, which were then searched by police."
Police investigate Bersted Green Primary school after the bomb scare
Superintendent Carwyn Hughes said: "The calls were received by the schools just minutes apart. They show similarities to a number of calls that were received at other schools in the UK.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
"The calls remain under investigation as malicious hoaxes.
Superintendent Hughes added: “Any parents concerned about their children should contact the school they attend or the local education authority for further advice and information while the matter is further investigated.
“If any threat is received by a school, please contact police on 999.”
Boxgrove Primary School was evacuated due to a 'Emergency' in Guildford, Surrey
- Police close off road near London Bridge following bomb scare
- CHAOS at London Bridge following bomb scare
- Police attend scene following bomb scare in Concord
Meanwhle, a number of other schools were evacuated across the country at a similar time this morning.
Hundreds of young pupils were evacuated after the bomb threats from a prankster.
Parents received a text telling them: "Please don't worry. We have had to evacuate school. Everyone has been accounted for."
They include Boxgrove Primary School in Guildford and South Hill Primary school in Weymouth, Dorset.
However, police initially said the incidents were not linked.
In a statement Surrey Police said: "Surrey Police are in attendance at Boxgrove Primary School in Guildford following reports of a suspicious call made to the school at around 10am this morning.
"The school was evacuated as part of the school's standard procedure."
Police said that the schools were searched after the bomb threats were made
A bomb threat was called in to Bersted primary school in Bognor
Parents linked to one primary school which had to be evacuated said that the school had received a bomb threat in a telephone call.
Kirsty Youngs, 33, whose 10-year-old son was one of the evacuees from Whitehouse Community Primary School in Ipswich.
She said: "They were scared. Around 500 children were in the hall, there were lots of tears.
"They (teachers) refused to say anything at all about what happened. We were just told to take our children.
"The children said the fire alarms went off and that instead of going to line up on the play ground they went to the hall."
Whitehouse was in lock down yesterday afternoon and forensic police officers have been spotted entering the building.
The number of schools to have received threats is believed to be around 16 but this is yet to be confirmed.
Suffolk Police are yet to make a formal statement but a spokesperson said that currently it looks like the situation is a result of prank calls.
Police terrorist training exercise Tue, May 10, 2016
Emergency forces and shoppers take place in a simulated terror attack at the Trafford Centre, Manchester
Getty Images 1 of 31
Shoppers take place in a simulated terror attack at the Trafford Centre, Manchester
Meanwhile, two Devon primary schools were also evacuated after reports of a device found.
Parents of children at St Sidwell's School, Exeter, were messaged just after 12pm to inform them of the action.
Two other schools in Plymouth and Falmouth also received calls at the same time informing them of bombs in the school.
They are all believed to be hoax calls and follow a similar pattern to incidents last year.
St Sidwell's school was evacuated on the policy of the school, rather than advice from police.
Last year dozens of schools across Britain faced a series of bomb threats just as the GCSE exam season started.
St Sidwell's acting Head Mr Tom Page, in an email to parents, said: "We received an electronic phone call at approximately 8:50am saying that a suspicious device had been placed on the school premises.
"We therefore put our Emergency Evacuation Procedure into place.
"The children were promptly evacuated to the Methodist Church Hall on Sidwell Street.
"The police were on the school site within minutes and began their search of the building.
"There have been three recent hoax calls to schools in Devon of exactly the same nature and after a thorough and comprehensive search of the building the police informed me that it was completely safe for the children and staff to return to school.
"The children have been informed of the reason for the evacuation."
A spokesperson from Devon & Cornwall Police added: "Police are in attendance and liaising with staff.
"The school took action to evacuate based on their own policy and not upon the advise of police.
"Parents have been informed by the relevant school, and at no time were any staff or pupils in any danger. We take hoaxes extremely seriously.
"They divert police resources and cause disruption and alarm to the public."
This is a breaking news story. Please refresh your browser for updates.