PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds gets an update on PC
PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds has just been given another big update on PC.
This week's Battlegrounds update includes performance enhancements for the game's vehicles, as well as fixes for voice chat bugs, game crashes and sound issues.
Bluehole is also working on server improvements, and will release updates as soon as issues are identified and fixes are completed.
"We are now in the process of profiling our servers to find the choke points and track down what we need to improve in order to optimise them over the coming month," reads a Bluehole post.
"This takes time, but we will push updates to the servers once we have fixes for issues we find."
Bluehole has also wiped leaderboard stats and has taken leaderboard tracking offline for 24-hours.
You can see the full list of patch notes further down the page.
Player Unknown's Battlegrounds screenshot gallery Mon, May 1, 2017
PLAYER Unknown's Battlegrounds is a massively multiplayer survival game in which players compete to be the last person standing.
BLUEHOLE 1 of 11
Player Unknown's Battlegrounds
Fans are still waiting for news on the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Battlegrounds, which are currently without release dates.
The Xbox One version is expected to launch as part of Microsoft's Xbox Preview scheme, which means it could launch sooner rather than later.
In the meantime, Bluehole is working on new maps, as well as vehicles like bikes and custom game modes.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
One of two new maps takes place on an island on the Adriatic Sea, while the other is a desert city map, featuring a canyon with a river, hillside slums and small villages that have been buried by sand.
There's even talk of a Battlegrounds campaign mode, which would explore the lore of the island.
The Battlegrounds patch notes in full…
- Improved performance by reducing effects played excessively during vehicle crashes
- Improved performance on the server in relation to vehicles
- Fixed a crash related to unequipping an item
- Fixed a crash related to when vehicles crashed
- Fixed a bug that caused a player to die without entering the REVIVE state when being shot by a shotgun or a full-auto weapon in DUO or SQUAD modes
- Fixed a bug that caused other players' voice chat to be heard at high volume on the airplane
- Fixed a bug that caused breath gauge to be shown incorrectly in certain situations
- Partially fixed a bug that caused a player to “die from falling” after getting stuck in buildings or vehicles
- Fixed a bug that caused sound to stutter when many players are swimming
- Fixed a bug that caused translucent crosshair to be shown on VSS scope
- Fixed a bug that caused a player to go back into the REVIVE state when two players start the revive action and one cancels