UPDATE: While fans have struggled to connect to the Blizzard servers tonight, it appears that earlier problems have now past and fans should be able to freely download the new Overwatch Uprising update.
The new Overwatch patch notes confirm everything that has been changed and added to the game on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
It’s all part of the Overwatch Uprising seasonal event, which is set to continue until May 1.
Starting today, all in-game Loot Boxes have been replaced with Overwatch Uprising Loot Boxes, including Mercy’s "Combat Medic Ziegler" and Tracer’s "Cadet Oxton" skins, "Talon Widowmaker," "Blackwatch Genji," "Blackwatch McCree," and more.
As with our previous events, any Loot Boxes you earn or purchase will contain at least one skin, highlight intro, emote, spray, or player icon from the Overwatch Uprising collection.
While the contents of each Uprising Loot Box are random, Blizzard have confirmed that you can unlock a variety of these cosmetic customisation options with credits in the Hero Gallery throughout the event's duration.
Away from the new content added, Blizzard have also confirmed a new system is being employed to help break those competitive play ties that have been affecting games.
Overwatch Patch Notes have been revealed Overwatch Insurrection: Skins leak early Thu, April 6, 2017
New skins for the Overwatch Insurrection event have leaked a day early
Play slideshow BLIZZARD 1 of 7
Blackwatch Genji – as seen in the Uprising comic
“To mitigate draws in Competitive Play, we're implementing a system that tracks each team's progress on the objective,” a development team message explains.
“This will work similarly to the system that's already in place for Escort and Assault/Escort maps, which grants a win to the team that pushes the payload the furthest.
“Now, even if neither team successfully captures the objective, a winner can be determined based on which team captured the largest portion.”
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
There have also been some big changes made to Lucio, who has seen both his Cross-Fade and Sonic Amplifier stats retweaked.
“Lucio has often felt like a must-pick due to his raw healing output and the versatility of providing a speed bonus to your entire team. The goal of these changes is to keep those elements feeling strong, but making them harder to apply to everyone on your team at all times.
“The end result is that he should feel stronger with teams that he can stay close to but not as strong when on teams with heroes that are often spread out (such as Pharah, Widow, Genji, etc).
“Much of Lucio’s character power was tied up in his large passive auras, which caused other elements of his kit to be weakened over time in an attempt to balance him. Now that his auras are more focused it will allow them to be much stronger and allow Lúcio to be more active in his role.”
Overwatch patch notes in full below:
- Details about each hero’s unique backstory, along with information about some of their lore-inspired skins, have been added to the Hero Gallery
- [PC] The Player Report system has been redesigned, adding new reporting options and activity examples to better capture the reason for each report
- In-game voice conversations for the Overwatch Uprising event can now be displayed as subtitles. This can be enabled under the “Sound” tab in the “Options” menu
- A tracking system has been added to Assault and Assault/Escort Maps that will allow us to break ties based on the progress that was made toward capturing the objective.
- Overwatch Insurrection event COUNTDOWN: Start time, leaked skins, more
- Overwatch update: New Uprising event LIVE with loot boxes and skins
Custom Games and Game Browser
- Custom Game settings can now be saved as a preset from the game’s details page. This can be accessed by right-clicking on the map image from the Create Game page, right-clicking a game name from inside the Game Browser, or via the save button on the settings page
- Players can now change weapon clip and magazine size or grant unlimited ammunition when creating a custom game
- A new route has been added to Eichenwalde that connects the attacking team's spawn area to the capture point
- Sonic Amplifier
- Damage increased by 25%
- Projectile speed increased from 40 to 50
- Alternate fire now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets back
- Area of effect radius has been decreased from 30 meters to 10 meters
- Heal Song
- Healing-per-second has been increased by 30% (also applies to Lúcio's Amp It Up ability)
- Self-healing has been reduced by 25%
- Movement speed increased by 20% when wall riding
- Lúcio now receives a burst of speed when leaping off a wall