NINTENDO SWITCH GAME ARMS LAUNCHES JUNE 16th, NINTENDO CONFIRMED DURING THEIR DIRECT PRESENTATION.
SPLATOON 2 LAUNCHES FOR NINTENDO SWITCH ON JULY 21, ALONG WITH A NEW COLLECTION OF AMiiBOs.
Minecraft Nintendo Edition, including the Super Mario Mash-Up pack, will launch on Nintendo eShop on May 12.
The new Minecraft for Switch will also include split-screen mode.
Amiibo figures for Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta will roll onto store shelves for Super Smash Bros on July 21.
A new multiplayer action game starring Kirby is in development for for Nintendo 3DS and will be available in stores this winter.
Nintendo Direct details so far:
- Sonic Forces Winter 2017
- Sonic Mania Summer 2017
- Project Mekuru launching on Nintendo eShop
- Demo coming soon for Disgaea 5 full launch on May 26th
- Puyo Puyo Tetris demo coming to eShop today
- Monopoly for Nintendo Switch – Autumn 2017
- Rayman Legends Definitive Edition launching later in 2017
- Sine Mora Ex – Summer 2017
- PayDay 2 for Nintendo Switch – eshop release later in 2017
- Namco Museum – summer 2017
- Hey Pikmin – July 28th comes with Amiibo Nintendo 3DS
- Ever Osais – June 23rd Nintendo 3DS
- Monster Hunter Stories Nintendo 3DS – Autumn 2017
- Culdcept Revolt – Nintendo 3DS September 1
- Miitopia – Nintendo 3DS – available 2017
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia – Free and paid DLC announced
- Team Kirby Clash Deluxe – Out now Nintendo 3DS
- Devilish Brain Training – July 28th on Nintendo 3DS
ORIGINAL: You can watch the Nintendo Direct 2017 livestream using the embed above, which is set to go live a little before 11pm – UK time.
The Nintendo Direct presentation will be focused mainly on ARMS and Splatoon 2, although there’s a big chance that other Nintendo Switch games will get a look-in too.
It’s expected that fans will finally learn the release dates for both titles, which are penciled in for launches in 2017.
In terms of 3DS games news, Nintendo is likely to reveal more about upcoming strategy game Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
And who knows, maybe Nintendo will discuss upcoming smartphone game Animal Crossing?
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
Nintendo Direct 2017 goes LIVE in less than an hour
There are reports that a new game will be also be announced tonight, although this comes from an online source and should be taken with a big pinch of salt.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe could be another title that gets some screen time today, especially since it has a launch set for the Nintendo Switch later this month.
It follows the big news for those hoping to play Splatoon 2 while on the move.
The recent Splatoon 2 Global Testfire gave fans their first chance to play the new game ahead of its release date.
The Splatoon 2 beta gave gamers who downloaded it six separate opportunities to test the game ahead of launch, with some good results recorded.
- Nintendo Switch UPDATE: Blockbuster games news CONFIRMED
- Nintendo Switch Direct COUNTDOWN: Start time for HUGE games conference
Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch screenshots Sun, March 19, 2017
SPLATOON 2 has a summer release date for Nintendo Switch.
Play slideshow NINTENDO 1 of 8
Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch screenshots
Engadget revealed some interesting findings while playing Splatoon 2 using his mobile data.
“When my first round of LTE-powered multiplayer ended, I pulled up Project Fi's usage statistics. My three-minute game burned through a mere 0.011 gigabytes of data — a little over 10 megabytes,” Sean Buckley reports.
“That rate stayed more or less consistent through my second, third and fourth rounds, taking just 45.6 megabytes from my data budget for 20 minutes of online play (including time spent in matchmaking).
“While that's not a completely negligible amount of data, it's small enough to make a few mobile rounds manageable.”
It’s great news for those hoping to use Splatoon 2 like shown in the adverts, meaning fans will only have to deal with the battery life of the Nintendo Switch.