Mass Effect Andromeda Patch 1,08 makes a lot of changes
BioWare has pledged to improve Mass Effect Andromeda, following a mixed reception upon its release date.
The latest update to the game looks to improve various key areas of gameplay, ranging from the character creator to the romance system.
Mass Effect Andromeda patch 1.08 is out now for PS4, Xbox One and PC and includes a long list of fixes which you can find below:
Here’s what BioWare had to say on the improvements to the character creator system: “We’ve expanded the options available in the character creator, giving you greater control over your Ryder’s appearance. Two new heads were added, one male and one female, as well as a new complexion option and a greater range of available skin tones. We also unlocked all hairstyles for both sexes, and added a new bald option.
“For players wanting to adjust their look mid-game, we added the ability to change your character’s appearance onboard the Tempest.
“And for fans of Alec Ryder’s iconic appearance, you can now choose to keep the default Alec, rather than having his appearance be based on your custom Ryder.”
More romance options have also been added, which now allows Scott Ryder to pursue Jaal as a romance option.
BioWare listed several important reasons for the change, explaining: “Scott Ryder did not have a same-sex squadmate available as a romance option, nor could the achievement for completing three romances be achieved with only male same-sex partners.
“And as the angara have expressed their fluidity in how they perceive gender, it seemed only natural that Scott could have a relationship with Jaal.
“However, we understand that a character’s orientation is an important part of what makes them feel real. The relationships with your crew are some of the most loved and cherished parts of our games, so we wanted to make sure we got it right.
“We consulted with members of the LGBTQ community, both externally and within our own studios. After carefully considering all feedback, we decided this was an important change to make, and one that made sense for Jaal, Scott, and the angara.
“Our writing, editing, and animation teams worked together to ensure this change made sense for Jaal’s character, and the result is a relationship we hope feels as fulfilling and memorable for Scott as it does for Sara.”
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
Other big gameplay changes included in Mass Effect Andromeda patch 1.08:
- Ryder’s appearance can now be changed onboard the Tempest
- Expanded the range of options available in the character creator
- Jaal can now be romanced by Scott Ryder
- Dialogue for Hainly Abrams was adjusted to change the flow of personal information she discusses with Ryder.
- Fixed issue with Nomad upgrades Shield Crafting quest
- Nexus level and cryo pod points are retroactively granted
- Vendors now carry weapon mods for Level 60-71 players
- Vendors now sell weapon augmentations for automatic fire, burst fire, and single-shot fire
- Improved clarity of descriptions for augmentations
- Plasma Charge system now works properly for shotguns
- Beam Emitter augmentation now causes guns to fire a constant beam with scaling damage based on the weapon’s damage per second
- [PC] Added experimental support for Dolby Vision™ technology
- Mass Effect Andromeda 1.07: BioWare release new patch
- Mass Effect Andromeda DLC date nears as fans get new bonus reward news
Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer screenshots from BioWare Fri, March 3, 2017
Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer screenshots from BioWare.
BIOWARE 1 of 5
Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer screenshots from BioWare
- Stealth Grid challenge now increments properly
- Fiend no longer sprints when within 10 meters of target, and will decelerate to base speed
- Enabled movement correction during Fiend attacks to reduce incidence of players seeing Fiends attacking in the wrong direction
- Improved movement prediction for some enemies in tight spaces to reduce appearance of teleportation
- Fixed issue that prevented melee attacks if the revive icon was near center screen
- Fixed issue where ammo pick-up audio incorrectly played
- Fixed issue where Backlash could malfunction while moving
- Using Stealth and Recon Visor together no longer increases duration of invisibility for Turian Agent
- Fixed issue where weight reduction modifications wouldn’t reduce weight
- The Revive Pack Transmitter now displays the revive radius in the loadout screen
- Equipping the Cobra RPG now interrupts reloading
- Player turns to Adhi when getting synced to avoid teleportation issue
- Fixed issue where enemies would occasionally enter T-pose when hit
- Improved visual and audio cues for player ready status in Multiplayer lobbies
- Added “Lights” option to customization options
It follows news of a potential Mass Effect Andromeda DLC reveal during the upcoming EA Play event this weekend.
There is the chance that BioWare will skip adding any new content to the game following reports that BioWare Montreal has been downsized and that future Mass Effect games have been put on hold.
However, more evidence has been found in recent months that suggests something new is coming to the game.
Many fans have been hoping that some kind of Mass Effect Andromeda DLC hint might be dropped into one of the APEX Missions timed-events, and it appears the latest may have contained something special.
The missing quarian race have been teased in the main storyline as having been delayed in their ARK ship, alongside the elcor, hanar, drell, and volus.
And the excerpt from the latest mission log seems to point to a new tease, reading: “The communications cached in these Remnant artifacts suggest that the observatory is receiving signals that have gone undetected by Initiative observers. From my initial transcriptions, they deserve immediate investigation.