How much is Mark Zuckerberg worth?
Mr Zuckerberg is now the fifth richest man in the world, according to the latest rich list from Forbes magazine.
Forbes’ annual list of the richest people on the planet said Mr Zuckerberg’s net worth is estimated to be $56 billion (£44 billion).
Mark Zuckerberg is the fifth richest person in the world according to Forbes
The social media mogul is also took the number one spot on Forbes' list of America's richest entrepreneurs under 40.
Where does his wealth come from?
The 32-year-old university drop-out made his vast fortune by founding Facebook in 2004 at the age of 19.
Facebook in pictures Mon, September 28, 2015
We look at the social networking phenomena Facebook in pictures
Play slideshow ASSOCIATED PRESS 1 of 10
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg speaks in the Galileo Auditorium on Microsoft’s Silicon Valley Campus in Mountain View, Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2010
Mr Zuckerberg has now set his sights on creating a “global community” after having focused on connecting friends and families through Facebook.
“We may not have the power to create the world we want immediately, but we can all start working on the long term today,” Mr Zuckerberg said in a blog post this month.
“In times like these, the most important thing we at Facebook can do is develop the social infrastructure to give people the power to build a global community that works for all of us.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
Facebook has been investing its money in virtual reality technology
As part of Facebook’s expansion, the company acquired the rights to Instagram in 2017, followed by messaging app WhatsApp in 2014.
We may not have the power to create the world we want immediately, but we can all start working on the long term today
Facebook also ventured into the world of hardware when it bought out Virtual reality company Oculus VR for $2 billion (£1.6 billion).
The Facebook CEO says his mission is to make the world more open and connected through the use of technology.
Mr Zuckerberg said: "One day, we believe this kind of immersive, augmented reality will become a part of daily life for billions of people."
The estimated net worth of Facebook in 2016 was $314.8 billion (£252 million)
Here is Forbes’ latest list of the 10 richest people in the world:
1. Bill Gates – Microsoft founder – $86 billion (£68 billion)
2. Warren Buffett – Owner of Berkshire Hathaway – $75.6 billion (£60 billion)
3. Jeff Bezos – Amazon founder – $72.8 billion (£58 billion)
4. Amancio Ortega – Zara founder – $71.3 billion (£57 billion)
5. Mark Zuckerberg – Facebook founder – $56 billion (£44 billion)
6. Carlos Slim Helu – Telecoms tycoon – $54.5 billion (£43 billion)
7. Larry Ellison – Oracle founder – $52.2 billion (£41 billion)
8. Charles Koch – Various business – $48.3 billion (£38 billion)
9. David Koch – Various business – $48.3 billion (£38 billion)
10. Michael Bloomberg – Bloomberg founder – $47.5 billion (£38 billion)