The former Liverpool and Manchester City striker slammed his treatment during his side’s Ligue 1 clash on Friday, which ended 1-1.
Writing after the game on social media, Balotelli wrote on Instagram: “Is it normal that Bastia supporters make monkey noises for the whole game and nobody from the ‘discipline commission’ says anything?
“So is racism Legal in France? Or only in Bastia? Football is an amazing sport, but people like Bastia supporters make it horrible. Truly a disgrace.”
The footage, which has recently emerged, shows the Italian striker warming up prior to the match with his teammates as supporters inside the Stade Armand Cesari allegedly taunted and jeered in Balotelli’s direction.
Mario Balotelli alleges that opposition supporters mocked him with "monkey" taunts
Is it normal that Bastia supporters make monkey noises for the whole game
More and more Bastia fans can be seen and heard joining in with the loud chorus of shouting chanting at the striker.
Supporters and teammates were quick to offer support to the striker with one Twitter user saying such an event was “sad to see” and another starting that world football’s governing body FIFA need to display “a genuine set of balls” when tackling racism.
Nice midfielder Alassane Plea confirmed he heard racist abuse directed at Balotelli after French governing body Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) announced it would investigate the striker’s allegations.
Plea said: “We heard monkey noises in the warm-up and during the game.
“A few supporters insulted him the whole game. Balotelli was very, very upset.”
SC Bastia released a statement in response to the allegations, adding that it was a “surprise” that such damaging accusations had been levelled against the club.
It said: “Having never noticed nor been informed, either by referees, the delegates or any member of Nice of any incident of this type, it is with surprise that our club discovered these accusations, which carry considerable harm to the image of our club as a whole.”
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
Responding to the LFP announcing their intention to investigate, it added: “Taking note of the LFP announcement of an inquiry, our club is now as the disposal of the authorities so that all light is shed on this type of behaviour, which is by its nature stupid and unacceptable.”
Twitter reacts as Mario Balotelli describes Liverpool move as 'worst mistake of my life'
Mon, September 12, 2016
Liverpool supporters have savaged former striker Mario Balotelli on Twitter after the Nice forward described his move to Anfield as the 'worst decision of my life'
1 of 18
Liverpool supporters have savaged former striker Mario Balotelli on Twitter after the Nice forward, who scored two goals on his debut for the French club, described his move to Anfield as the 'worst decision of my life'
Nice currently trail league leaders Monaco by two points after 21 matches, their 1-1 draw was enough to leave them prematurely first but Monaco’s 4-0 rout of FC Lorient on Sunday put them back top.
Balotelli has been in good form for the French club, scoring 10 goals in 15 appearances for Nice since joining on a free transfer from Liverpool in August, two years after a £16million move to Merseyside.
This has not been the first time that the striker has been the subject of racist abuse, in 2013 he threatened to “leave the pitch” if he was racially abused by Roma supporters while playing for AC Milan.
The Italian was also named the most abused Premier League player on social media by anti-racism body Kick It Out, after a study, which found he received 8,000 abusive posts directed at him between August 2014 and March 2015.