Police have arrested a 24-year-old man in connection with the Manchester bombing
Greater Manchester Police said the man was arrested on Friday night in Rusholme in the city on suspicion of offences contrary to the terrorism act.
He is the 17th person to be arrested in connection with the May 22 attack at the Manchester Arena.
Six people have since been released without charge.
Eleven men, aged between 18 and 44, are now in custody on suspicion of terrorism offences in connection with the Manchester bombing.
Officers investigating the attack on the Manchester Arena arrested a 24-year-old man last night in Rusholme
Greater Manchester Police
Manchester Police said in a statement: “Officers investigating the attack on the Manchester Arena arrested a 24-year-old man last night in Rusholme.
“He was arrested on suspicion of offences contrary to the terrorism act.”
The arrest came after officers seized a car which they said could provide a "significant development" in the investigation.
Manchester bombing: Investigation so far Wed, May 24, 2017
The investigation so far into the Manchester bomb attack that killed at least 22 people, with more than 60 injured after Salman Abedi detonated a bomb in the Manchester Arena, at 10:30pm Monday, 22 May 2017
PA 1 of 15
Handout photo courtesy of Alex Finnie, of men wearing body armour during a raid of a block of flats in Blackley, north Manchester, following the attack on Manchester Arena
Residents near Devell House in Rusholme were evacuated and the Royal Logistics Corp bomb disposal team was called out on Friday after the white Nissan Micra was discovered.
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
A 100m cordon was set up in the area near Banff Road, where police say suicide bomber Salman Abedi had visited in the days leading up to the attack.
Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson, head of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit said: "This is potentially a significant development in the investigation.
"The car is a white Nissan Micra that has been located at Devell House, not far from Banff Road.
"We appreciate the road closures and evacuation have led to disruption and we would like to thank local people for their understanding while this police activity has been on-going.
"We are also really grateful for the public's continued help in what is a very fast moving investigation and again we appeal for the public to contact us with any information, however small you believe it may be, about Abedi's movements."
CCTV images have been released showing Abedi hauling a blue suitcase in the days leading up to the bombing.
Abedi's cousins have claimed the 22-year-old plotted "secretly to himself" before the atrocity.
Brothers Isaac and Abz Forjani, who were arrested by armed police soon after the attack before being released without charge, said they had been left "traumatised" by their cousin's actions.
A car is searched by police after a bomb disposal unit arrives at Rusholme Place in Manchester
A policeman stands on duty outside a residential property on Banff Road in Rusholme
Abz, 21, told the BBC: "For people who have seen it as a big network we were involved in, it was nothing like that.
"I believe it was all done by one man which developed some sort of thoughts in the past few years which he kept secretly to himself."
Isaac, 24, added: "It's not easy being connected to 22 lost, innocent lives.
"The fact that the person that did this is related to us by blood is something that's going to stay with me for the rest of my life."
22 people were killed and scores injured when Abedi set off a bomb at an Ariana Grande concert.
Latest update – Anyone with information should call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline in confidence on 0800 789321. pic.twitter.com/Tde39GyAmJ
— G M Police (@gmpolice) June 1, 2017
The arrest comes as US pop star Ariana Grande visited fans injured in the attack ahead of a special benefit concert for the victims.
The singer shared a picture of herself and a youngster in her hospital bed with her 107 million Instagram followers, captioned simply with a heart.
Other pictures from her visit to the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital show her hugging youngsters on the ward, with one father left in tears by the visit.
The singer was also photographed with nurses at the hospital and dozens of other patients including 14-year-old Evie Mills, who was visited by the Queen in the same hospital days after the attack.
Ariana Grande meets Evie Mills at the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital Mourning for Manchester: The world pays tribute Thu, May 25, 2017
Makeshift memorials and tributes to victims of the deadly attack at an Ariana Grande concert.
REUTERS 1 of 41
Britain's Queen Elizabeth visits the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital in Manchester
The singer arrived back in the UK on Friday morning ahead of the One Love Manchester concert on Sunday.
Musicians including Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Coldplay, Take That and Miley Cyrus will join her for the event, which is raising funds for victims and their families.
The Duke of Cambridge also visited Manchester on Friday and met police officers and volunteers before paying a visit to Manchester Royal Infirmary to meet some of those injured in the attack.