The crash on the M6 near junction 6
Highways England confirmed a major collision in the area at around 7am on the M6 southbound has closed one lane near junction 6.
There has also been a large diesel spillage, according to the agency with the fire brigade in attendance.
Lengthy delays of an hour or more are expected with traffic congested back to junction 8.
More to follow…
- This terrifying CRASH footage will make you NEVER want to drive a c…
- Lorry and pedestrian crash close down busy A1 motorway in Lincolnshire
Highways England Twitter message
The incident comes just days after a man’s car crashed through a barrier on the same motorway between junctions 4A and 5.
Police found the car of Zahid Mirza abandoned and his family said the 40-year-old had not been since the incident on January 15.
A body has since been found in an inaccessible area of waste ground near to the motorway.
- M6 traffic builds northbound between Lymm J20 and J18 after crash
- M60 traffic CHAOS after car and lorry crash
- Train services disrupted after articulated lorry SMASHES into bridge
- Bath lorry crash: haulage boss and his mechanic jailed