Accidents on the M1 and M25 caused traffic gridlock today
The M1 northbound is experiencing huge delays between Junction 25 for Derby and Junction 26 for Nottingham.
This is due to a jack-knifed lorry, with traffic police closing one lane causing traffic to move slowly through the area.
Nottingham police said no other vehicles were involved in the incident and no serious injuries were reported.
- Calls for crackdown on aggressive 'windscreen beggars' in Birmingham
- Lorry blocks trams causing huge rush hour disruption in Birmingham
The M25 is also experiencing long delays due to two separate incidents.
Last night a van and a motorbike crashed at Junction 2 at Dartford. The motorcyclist was knocked from his bike and the van driver was subsequently hit by a car when he went to help him.
Traffic on the M25 earlier this morning
Both men were taken to hospital but injury was thought to be life-threatening.
This morning the M25 was once again hit by delays when a lorry broke down. One lane was closed near Junction 24 at Potters bar, causing a huge 12-mile tailback to Junction 25.
- M53 chaos after car overturns and water pipe leak closes lane
- Sink hole causes traffic chaos in Forest Hill
- Six British citizens dead after accident in Saudi Arabi