SAS sniper took out three ISIS jihadis with one bullet
The jihadis were laying in wait in a house preparing to launch a machine gun terror attack on innocent women and children in a village outside the besieged city of Mosul.
Families had been attempting to flee the remote village when special forces swooped with one SAS hero taking out three terrorists with just one bullet.
The one-in-a-million shot killed two men instantly when the bullet struck one man in the head, then another in the chest, before the bullet ricocheted off a wall and then hit the third man in the neck.
The SAS are working in coalition with Iraqi and international forces
The sniper aimed to take out the first gunmen and then try and kill the other two before they could open fire on the women and children.
The sniper was armed with a L115A sniper rifle armed with .338 Lapua Magnum bullets.
One source said: “The shot was a one in a million.
"There was no way it was planned that way.
"The sniper aimed to take out the first gunmen and then try and kill the other two before they could open fire on the women and children.
Three jihadis died after a successful mission by special forces
“Alongside the sniper was an SAS spotter, who was watching the target through binoculars.
“The whole incident was over in a flash. The guy manning the machine gun went down first after his head was blown off.
"Another terrorist collapsed and then the spotter saw the third gunmen staggering around holding his neck. He lasted for about 30 seconds before he collapsed and bled to death.
“No one could quite believe what had happened.”
British troops had been monitoring ISIS dominated areas as part of their coalition training of Iraqi troops.
Special forces went to the village following the attack and confirmed the men were dead before taking their fingerprints and leaving by helicopter.
The news comes after the head of the French intelligence services warned of the imminent return of at least 700 jihadis from Iraq and Syria.
French security services have warned 700 citizens who have pledged an allegiance to the Islamic State are set to return to the country.
At least 250 trained fighters are part of the army of jihadis who are plotting to go back to their homeland from Syria and Iraq.
Special Forces are gaining ground on ISIS jihadis
The "fighters" described as "executioners, gravediggers, suicide bombers and jailers" could be back in mainland Europe in the coming weeks.
Top level meetings are being planned by senior Government officials over fears the ISIS operatives could unleash more terror in France which is still in a state of emergency.
Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve is set to host talks next Thursday over the concerns, it has been claimed.
According to the General Secretariat for Defence and National Security as many as 460 of those believed to have fled to Iraq and Syria were born in France or have French parents.
Loic Garnier, the director of the coordination of counter-terrorism unit (UCLAT) told said fighters have "learned to demystify the fight, to shoot unblinkingly on men or women, to show cold-bloodedness during the action as we saw at the Bataclan”.
He added: “They know the craftsmanship and the handling of explosives.
"They learned to [booby] trap a car, and use explosive belts.
"Finally, some continue to follow blindly the instructions of their emir recommending stabbing or the use of trucks like in Nice.
"These jihadists are ready for anything and everything, the important thing being to kill 'disbelievers'. "
Jihadi Brides from Britain
Thu, September 22, 2016
A photo report on the British woman who left the UK to fly to Syria, and joined the Islamic State.
1 of 10
Sally Jones, who calls herself Sakinah Hussain. She is married to British jihadist fighter in Syria Junaid Hussain. In 2013 she left the UK to join the Islamic State.
In October last year it was revealed almost 2,000 children are on a watch list of more than 15,000 Islamic radicals in the country.
French authorities began tracking people on a database in March of 2015 following the Charlie Hebdo attacks and shootings at a kosher market in January of that year that killed 17 people.
However that did not prevent the subsequent co-ordinated attacks in Paris in November of last year which killed 130 or the horrifying slaughter of 86 people at the Bastille day celebrations in Nice in July.
There has been a total of 21 terror attacks across the country since December 2014 sparking widespread anger and a backlash against French president Francois Hollande.