Axel Hellmann, a member of Eintracht's executive board, said security had been increased for the match.
Dortmund police posted a picture on Twitter showing an armed officer outside the stadium, saying they had provided more security inside and out.
The high profile presence came after a German newspaper reported that the explosives used in the attack may have come from supplies belonging to the German armed forces.
Armed police outside Borussia Dortmund's ground
Security sources also said that they believed further attacks were possible, citing a document sent to regional police headquarters as saying that soccer games, rock concerts and cultural events were particularly at risk.
Experts from both the federal interior ministry and the interior ministries of Germany's states met on Wednesday to discuss security at major events in a telephone conference, saying that checks at entrances to events should be boosted.
It is not known who carried out the attack on Tuesday but prosecutors have cast doubt over the authenticity of a letter that was discovered that suggested it was the work of Islamist terrorists.
Borussia Dortmund attack in pictures
Tue, April 11, 2017
A football player has been injured after three bombs exploded near Borussia Dortmund's team bus ahead of a Champions League match against Monaco
1 of 23
A view on the damaged windows of the Borussia Dortmund's team bus after it was hit by three explosions in Dortmund, Germany
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
There has been speculation in the German press that the attack could have been the work of far-right extremists looking to stir up racial tension in the country.
Welt am Sonntag cited a source who was involved with the case who told the paper: "The explosives in the pipe bombs, which were filled with metal pins, might have come from the stocks of the German armed forces but that's still being checked.”
The source also said that specialist knowledge was required to use the military detonators, which are not easy to get.
Police keep a high profile presence ahead of Dortmund's home league game
A spokeswoman for the federal public prosecutor's office declined to comment on the report
Spanish defender Marc Bartra was injured in when three explosions went off on an attack on the side’s team bus as they travelled to the Westfalenstadion stadium ahead of their Champions League game with AS Monaco.
Mr Bartra, 26, underwent an operation on his wrist in the blasts and is expected to be back training with the squad in a month.
Security was in clear evidence ahead of the game
He left hospital earlier today.
In an Instagram post he described the event as "the longest and hardest 15 minutes of my life".
The club’s Chief Executive Hans-Joachim Watzke said that he had considered pulling the side out of the Champions League after the attack but said that he was resolved to not giving in to the bombers.
He said: "I briefly asked myself if we shouldn't withdraw completely from the competition, but that would have been a victory for those responsible for the attack.”