Paige Daughtry died after she was overcome by fumes from her deoderant
Paige Daughtry had been so keen on personal hygiene she use under-arm body spray as if "it was going out of fashion".
But the fumes, which contained 'volatile substances', affected her as she listened to music after going swimming.
She was found lying face down on a bed by her mother in the seaside caravan they were renting at a holiday park in Fleetwood, Lancashire.
She was rushed to hospital but died two hours later despite efforts to revive her.
Paige Daughtry was very keen on personal hygiene
She would spend hours in the bedroom and would spray and spray as she didn't want to smell
Police investigating the tragedy last July found Paige's Right Guard deodorant lying on grass outside the en-suite bathroom.
Doctors said she had inhaled butane and isobutane from the tin but there was no evidence of 'chronic use.'
The hearing in Heywood, Greater Manchester, was told Paige was a "bright and talented'' girl who attended Royton and Crompton School in Oldham, and had harboured ambitions of a career in music or art.
She was three days into her trip at the Cala Gran holiday park at the start of the summer holidays with her parents Ann and Stuart and older sister, Catherine.
They were renting a sea side caravan
Mrs Daughtry, 36, told the inquest: ''She would spend hours in the bedroom and would spray and spray as she didn't want to smell. She used to spray it in small rooms and I used to tell her off.
"I suppose that's something every 12 year old girl would do, spraying deodorant. She was overusing deodorant – it was more than we would have expected any girl to put on.
"But there was never a point we started to think there was an issue – not in the way we would have thought she was doing any sniffing or anything like that. "
She added: "We were as a family together all day, she did have a bit of a strop that day – but that was her being a teenager.
"Paige went into our bedroom and my husband went off to take some photographs on the beach.
"From Paige going in her room and me shouting her it was about 10 or 15 minutes. That room was a bit cooler and the window was open.
"I shouted, there was no response, I went in and sought assistance. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, trying to pull her off her the bed and phone 999.''
Forensic pathologist, Dr Jonathan Metcalfe said the cause of Paige's death was "inhalation of volatile substances".
She was found lying face down on a bed by her mother
He added: "They are known to be present in Right Guard deodorant which was present at the scene.
"Their presence is consistent with inhalation. Death may result from the toxicological effects. The substances are butane and isobutane.
"There was no natural disease that has contributed to her death. There was no evidence of heavy use and no direct evidence that there was chronic use."
A coroner's officer said: ''It was established Paige had previously used deodorant – a direct quote from Mrs Daughtry herself being 'like they were going out of fashion'.
Paige's death was deemed as: "inhalation of volatile substances"
"An empty canister was found outside the caravan window."
Recording a conclusion of death by misadventure, Coroner Alan Wilson said: "This is the unintentional consequences of a deliberate act.
"Paige was inhaling the fumes from the deodorant but what she didn't intend is the consequences.
"It's most likely that inhaling those fumes has most probably led to her heart rhythm being affected and led to her death."
At the time of Paige's death her grandfather, John Delaney, described her as a "beautiful" and "happy go lucky" child.
He said: "A part of us has been ripped away from us."
Mark Crane, General Manager at Henkel Beauty Care, UK & Ireland, which makes Right Guard, said: "Paige Daughtry's death is a tragic accident and our thoughts go out to her family and friends at this difficult time.
"Aerosols of any kind should not be sprayed in enclosed spaces and we would urge everyone to be aware of this so that they can use anti-perspirants and deodorants safely.
"We would like to reassure anyone who might feel concerned about the safety of our deodorant and anti-perspirants that these products are perfectly safe when used as intended."