A two year old girl has been attacked by a pitbull
The toddler was attacked in Leven and was left with horrific facial injuries on her eye and mouth.
Police are hunting for the Staffordshire pitbull terrier dog and its owner following the incident yesterday.
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Police in Fife are investigating following a report of a dog attack in Kirkside Court, Leven.
- Mother and grandmother jailed for two years after illegal dog Bruiser
- Father mauled to death in 'ferocious' unprovoked dog attack
“The incident happened around 5pm on Wednesday, February 1, when a black Staffordshire pitbull terrier-type dog attacked a two-year-old girl.
“The child sustained serious facial injuries and was taken to the Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, for treatment, where she is detained.
“Enquiries are still ongoing to trace the dog and its owner.
The police have urged anyone with information to contact 101 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
This is a breaking news story, please refresh for updates.
- Cat hailed as hero after saving boy from vicious dog attack
- Holly Willoughby scolds man for leaving baby with a PITBULL
- Moment thief is caught trespassing by two vicious pitbulls
- 'Why could I not have died?': Mother speaks of nightmare after baby killed by dog
- Cumbrian man killed by pet dog in attack at own home
- Daughters battled to save father-of-three as he was killed by pet dog
- Woman wrestles attacking pit bull to save beagle in distressing clip