Ashley and her Maltese pup Cooper
1. My pooch At the moment I don’t have a partner and although I have a wonderful family and friends, it is always good to be needed and that is exactly how my adorable Maltese pup Cooper makes me feel. The minute I get home he jumps up and showers me with affection. Every night he sleeps on my bed and he is the most loyal and loving friend in the world. We really get each other, which is a good thing as he can be pretty crazy at times. If we’re out on a walk and a motorcyclist or a skateboarder comes anywhere near us, Cooper goes absolutely mad. I have to sit down on the pavement with him and keep repeating the word “chillax”. Goodness knows what any passers-by must think.
2. Tattoo Several years ago I had the words “let the music set you free” tattooed behind my left ear as it really is my mantra for life. My dad was a drummer for The Mamas & The Papas and his mother was in the jazz world so music has always been very much in my blood. For me music is a magical life force that has the ability to make me cry, pick me up and take me back in time. My musical tastes are pretty diverse but some of the most meaningful soundtracks to my life have been from The Eagles, Tori Amos, Michael Jackson and Paula Abdul.
One of Ashley's favourite bands is The Eagles
3. Love This is at the centre of everything. I couldn’t be without the love I have for my family and friends and also for myself.
I am a terrible giggler
I now feel ready to share my love with a life partner, too, and I’d like to find someone special. This is a change for me because up to this point my whole life was focused on my career. However my priorities are definitely changing.
The singer grew up in Phoenix
4. Funny films Being an adult can be a pretty serious and stressful business at times, which is why I think it’s so important to enjoy the funny and silly side of life. I am a terrible giggler and I think the only time I received detention at school was for laughing uncontrollably. However I don’t see that as a bad thing as I think laughter is such a healthy way to let off steam. I am a complete sucker for funny films. There is something so therapeutic about laughing until you cry.
Top 25 beaches in the world
Thu, February 19, 2015
TripAdvisor's top 25 beaches in the world
Get Quotes on Home Insurance
1 of 25
Baia do Sancho in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil, is TripAdvisor's best beach in the world
Moving to California has 'helped soothe my soul'
5. The beach I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, which is practically the desert. However I always longed to be by the ocean, which is why moving to California wasn’t just good for my career, it also soothed my soul. The prospect of spending an entire day on the beach might not be everyone’s idea of fun but for me it would be an absolute treat. I am sure I must have been a mermaid in a former life as swimming in the sea is one of the greatest pleasures in the world. The beach is a place where I never get bored. I am more than happy relaxing in the sand with a good book or simply watching the world go by. My favourite beach in LA is Laguna as it is full of hidden and secluded coves. When I’m in Europe I always head to the south of France for sun and sea.
Allyn created by Ashley Roberts is a luxury footwear brand that is available to buy from Larizia (larizia.com)